cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Can suddenly no longer log into epo 4.6

Jump to solution

I can no longer log into our ePo console. It gives the error "You have provided invalid credentials".

Logins fail for the windows authenticated domain accounts that were added and the local e-PO admin account, so I am sure the right account & password are used.

The last time I logged into the e-PO console was a week ago, and some policies were altered, nothing else has been done.

I checked for space issues, but we use SQL 2008 full version, and there is plenty of space free on the harddisks.

What is wrong, how can I get in again, and how could I prevent this in the future?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Can suddenly no longer log into epo 4.6

Jump to solution

It turns out someone had changed the Admin accounts name, and that the Active Directory accounts were not properly configured.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Jump to solution

You might want to check to make sure your McAfee Event Parser service is running. I have had an issue like this before. The culprit was a port change for the SQL database that wasn't also changed in McAfee ePO config. If the ports don't match the Event Parser won't start and you won't be able to log in. Just a thought.

Jump to solution

Event Parser is running, and the ports match. We also use a static port.

Jump to solution

It turns out someone had changed the Admin accounts name, and that the Active Directory accounts were not properly configured.

View solution in original post

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community