cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bperez
Level 10

Can i use Epo Upgrade Compatibility Utility to make disaster recovery backups?

Jump to solution

Hi All,

I know the reasons to use the Compatibility Utility is to upgrade from 4.x to 5.0, but i see the util makes one backup in a zipped file for all the folders needed to make a DR Backup. And giving another use to backup/restore makes more easy the backup/restore process. Is it valid?

Regards.

Bernardo.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee

Re: Can i use Epo Upgrade Compatibility Utility to make disaster recovery backups?

Jump to solution

I'm afraid not, no - the migration tool does a product compatibility check and won't proceed if there are any unsupported products present, so it is not going to help as you have data protection products.

More importantly however the tool was not designed for this kind of application, so I have no idea if it would produce a usable backup.

HTH -

Joe

5 Replies
ulyses31
Level 16

Re: Can i use Epo Upgrade Compatibility Utility to make disaster recovery backups?

Jump to solution

If you upgrade to ePO 5.0 you won't need a DR process, just only backup the databse with all extensions inside (this is a new server task available under ePO 5.0) and when installing ePO again you'll only need to attach to the database again and no need to recover all files and folders as we used to under ePO 4.6

0 Kudos
bperez
Level 10

Jump to solution

Thanks,

I see Epo 5.0 has reduced products for support at this time, and i dont think to migrate in a short time, since i have Data protection products. My question is about to use that tool for DR Process in Epo 4.6.x.

Regards.

0 Kudos
McAfee Employee

Jump to solution

I'm afraid not, no - the migration tool does a product compatibility check and won't proceed if there are any unsupported products present, so it is not going to help as you have data protection products.

More importantly however the tool was not designed for this kind of application, so I have no idea if it would produce a usable backup.

HTH -

Joe

bperez
Level 10

Jump to solution

Thanks Joe,

Really would be very useful a tool to make a DR Backup automatically in 4.6, is a great improvement in 5.0 the DR backups.

Regards.

0 Kudos
McAfee Employee

Jump to solution

I agree, but it's unlikely that the backup system in ePO 5 will be backported to 4.6, I'm afraid.

Regards -

Joe