cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can McAfee Agents connect to ePO server over the Internet?

We are having a growing problem with our McAfee Agent computers going extended periods of not communicating with our ePO server. Thisis because users work on the road or from home and do not connect to our internal network. They do still fallback to update their DAT from McAfee directly, but this is not reflected on my ePO server.

I thought I remember that it was possible to have McAfee Agent computers send properties and update over the Internet with an ePO server (both my server and agent are at version 4.5). I'm sure I would need to open the firewall and expose ports to the Internet for this to happen. Does anyone have experience with this type of setup? I'm trying to locate some documentation. This would solve my problems of out of date agents. They would be able to communicate/update with the ePO server every time they have Internet connectivity.

2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 13
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: Can McAfee Agents connect to ePO server over the Internet?

Try the agent handler section. You need an agent handler in your DMZ with a public ip address. If you check the McAfee Agent About section..you'll see the ip address of the server it wants to communicate with..opening ports in the firewall is useless if that ip is a private one.

George

Highlighted
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 3

Re: Can McAfee Agents connect to ePO server over the Internet?

Yes, sound good!

For more details you may read the documetation at below URL.

https://kc.mcafee.com/resources/sites/MCAFEE/content/live/PRODUCT_DOCUMENTATION/22000/PD22508/en_US/...

Quazi

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community