cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use DNS to point agents to a new ePO server?

We are in the midst of transferring systems to our new ePO server. The old server is due to be retired at the end of the month. Is it best to change the DNS from the old server to the new one? Will an agent checkin to a new ePO server with a DNS change? Thanks in advance.
1 Reply
McAfee Employee AdithyanT
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: Can I use DNS to point agents to a new ePO server?

Hi @dhunt03 

Thank you for your Post! I am afraid a DNS change would not be helpful here.  It is due to the reason that the new Server has a new ePO that might just have a completely different set of Certificates for communication. The Agent talks to the epo only after authentication and hence when the agent tries to talk to the new ePO server, it is expected to fail owing to authentication issue(unless the New Server is a clone of the Old Server).

In general, We would recommend following the below procedure for a complete and successful migration of endpoint form one ePO to another.

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB88822

By following this KBA, we are ensuring that we migrate not just the systems, but the policies, tasks, reports and their assignments along with the entire System Tree structure is migrated! Please do let us know if this works for you!

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T
More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community