cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jakisk
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 6

Can I update agent version from 5.0.2.3 to 5.0.5.6 using key updater ?

i have tried on few workstation with deployment task but its working reflecting the latest version. If I am using run task now its show completed but not reflecting updated version ?

can you please help me how to overcome this issue ? 

5 Replies

Re: Can I update agent version from 5.0.2.3 to 5.0.5.6 using key updater ?

a couple of things I have seen... if using a tag, it takes two cycles for software to update..... this can be sped up with sending wake up requests to the machine.... 10ish minutes apart....  The tag can expire, re-tagging can help....  and lastly have seen hanging reboots stop the install.... so if there was a required reboot from another installation and the system has NOT been rebooted.... it won't install/upgrade the agent.

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 6

The key updater will not update the agent version.  You have to set up a deployment task for the agent itself.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Reliable Contributor Troja
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Hello,

i already also installed Agent 4.x Versions with Key Updater 5.x Versions. This worked always without troubles. I also looked for a KB to see more details, but never found any information.

Cheers

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 6

Please clarify then exactly what you are asking then.  The key updater package only updates keys and is not an actual install of anything, just a script that runs to update the keys if there are any changes in them for any reason.  The product guide for the agent will walk you through upgrading agents either locally or via epo.  Please refer to PD27104.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

jakisk
Level 7
Message 6 of 6

Thanks ​ ,

Thanks for your command

I got my answer. So I have to start deployment task over existing version. Apart from this No other option I have.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator