cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I push VSE 8.8 from EPO 4.6

Hello,

This is my first time setting up a new EPO. I have sucessfully installed EPO and installed agents on a few devices.

Is it possible to push VSE 8.8 from EPO 4.6 console. If yes, then how?. If no, then is there another way?

Smiles,

Sylvin

2 Replies

Re: Can I push VSE 8.8 from EPO 4.6

Hi,

Open group to which you have to deploy VSE 8.08. in right hand site go to ASSIGNED CLIENT TASK .

IN bottom go to ACTION  --New client task assignment---- Select Product---on task type select product deployment --on third pane task name create task use proper information in drop down

Enable shedule day time then save task apply this task to group on which you want.

Highlighted
ajha1
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 3

Re: Can I push VSE 8.8 from EPO 4.6

Hi sylvindias,

You can follow the instructions as per Dinesh, for more clarity on the deployment, please go through

How do I install VSE via ePolicy Orchestrator?

Add the installation package to your repository, then create/modify a Deployment Task (see your ePO 4.6 or ePO 4.5 documentation for instructions).

NOTE: The Deployment Task allows for command line options to be specified too. This allows you to make simple changes to the installation, such as not installing a particular feature. For a complete list of options, see PD22944.

Also recommend you to go through KB71642 - FAQs for VirusScan Enterprise 8.x, to address your other queries related to VSE.

[http://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB71642]

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community