cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Can I make a McAfee Agent install package to send out on CD???

We have a lot of laptop users and hardly any of them other than the ones based on site, have got an agent installed that communicates with the new EPO 4.0 server. Obviously I want to keep everything protected so is there a way of putting an install package onto a CD that I can send out to these remote users, which will install the agent and tell it the correct server to point to etc?

I've never tried to use the install package creator so I'm not too sure of myself here....

Cheers folks.
Tags (3)
3 Replies
tonyb99
Level 13
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

RE: Can I make a McAfee Agent install package to send out on CD???

see this: How to create a custom agent installation package in ePO 4.0

https://knowledge.mcafee.com/SupportSite/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=614173&sliceI...

NB make a note of how xp wont accept embedded credentials unless you have already added to firewall issue.

Firewall issue?
tonyb99
Level 13
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 4

This bit:

NOTE: Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2 and later operating systems do not allow embedded administrator credentials until the package file name has been added to the exception list of the Windows firewall.
More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community