Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pg13
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 6

Buffer Overflow Protection DAT in ePO: missing

Jump to solution

My ePO server doesn't seem to be able to pull Buffer Overflow Protection DATs from the Source Repository.  My Pull task has every package checked, including "", but I don't see those DATs in my Master repository, not even an old version. Nothing is labeled like that in the Master repository   And my clients (VS 8.5-patch 😎 have an old "Buffer Overflow and Access Protection DAT Version" that is 378.

Do I have to check in something in ePO in order to be able to manage those DATs ?

Thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
spamidi McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 6

Re: Buffer Overflow Protection DAT in ePO: missing

Jump to solution

Hi,

In my test system, the buffer overflow protection DAT pull only happened after checking in the VirusScan 8.7 extension (patch 3 preferable). Not sure if it should be working with 8.5 extension as well!

Can you try checking the EPOApsvr.log file in the DB\Logs folder based on my previous  comment?

HTH

- Sailendra

View solution in original post

5 Replies
spamidi McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 6

Jump to solution

The Buffer Overflow data should be pulled if you have VirusScan Extension checked in (try to upgrade to the Patch 3 extension if you are not already on it).

It will usually be checked into the DB\Software\Current\BOCVSE__1000\DAT\0000 folder.

You may also want to check EPOApsrvr.log file after the pull completes and search for the string 'BOCVSE__1000' to see if ePO is attempting the download at all...

Hope that helps...

Sailendra

pg13
Level 9
Message 3 of 6

Jump to solution

Thanks for your answer Sailendra.  I am using VS 8.5 (not 8.7), the VirusScan Enterprise 8.5 extension that is currently checked-in is version 8.5.0.202.  The only VS8.5 extension download I find on your site is this one: VSE85HF391404.zip ==> VirusScan Enterprise 8.5i Extension for ePolicy Orchestrator 4.0. When I try to check-in that package, it says I already have that version installed:

Cannot upgrade extension VIRUSCAN8600 to version  8.5.0.202 because version 8.5.0.202 is already installed

Is there any other extension I should check in ?

spamidi McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution

Hi,

In my test system, the buffer overflow protection DAT pull only happened after checking in the VirusScan 8.7 extension (patch 3 preferable). Not sure if it should be working with 8.5 extension as well!

Can you try checking the EPOApsvr.log file in the DB\Logs folder based on my previous  comment?

HTH

- Sailendra

View solution in original post

pg13
Level 9
Message 5 of 6

Jump to solution

Thanks a lot, checking in VS 8.7 with patch 3 did solve the problem, even for my VS 8.5 installations !

I really appreciate the help.

Patrick

spamidi McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution

Glad that helps ...:)

Sailendra

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community