Did you mean: 
Highlighted
twenden
Level 13
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

Best way to move McAfee ePO 5.9.1 to another server with new Operating System

Jump to solution

We have ePO 5.9.1 running on Windows 2008R2. We want to move this to a newer server running either Windows 2012R2 or Windows 2016.

I had previously tested creating a new server with Windows 2012, installing SQL server and then restoring the current ePO database. Then during the install of ePO, I selected the option to restore from a database recovery. This seemed to work.

Just want to know if this is the best approach. 

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
PhilR
Level 12
Message 2 of 3

Re: Best way to move McAfee ePO 5.9.1 to another server with new Operating System

Jump to solution

I'd have used the migration tool which comes with ePO

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 3

Re: Best way to move McAfee ePO 5.9.1 to another server with new Operating System

Jump to solution

Yes, that is the recommended option.  The migration utility mentioned is for moving to another server and upgrading at the same time, but for same version migrations, you have to follow the procedure you did.  Glad it was successful!

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

2 Replies
PhilR
Level 12
Message 2 of 3

Jump to solution

I'd have used the migration tool which comes with ePO

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 3

Jump to solution

Yes, that is the recommended option.  The migration utility mentioned is for moving to another server and upgrading at the same time, but for same version migrations, you have to follow the procedure you did.  Glad it was successful!

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?