cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best migration from W2K12 and EPO 5.9 to W2K16 and EPO 5.10

Jump to solution
What article can I use to build a new server (with a newer OS and the latest EPO 5.10) and migrate all the systems, policies, tasks, etc from our current environment (W2K12R2 and EPO 5.9) to this new server?
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Best migration from W2K12 and EPO 5.9 to W2K16 and EPO 5.10

Jump to solution

The articles helped me to migrate the current systems, policies and tasks to a new server and new ePO version. A few actions needs to be done to have a full running new server: deploy the agents again, created tags in "Tag Catalog" (I use this for filtering on some specific system tasks), import the installation files in the Master Repository, create the users, Install Extensions again, etc.

3 Replies
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

Check KB88822.  We recommend exporting/importing between the same versions of epo due to schema changes in the other versions.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Jump to solution

The articles helped me to migrate the current systems, policies and tasks to a new server and new ePO version. A few actions needs to be done to have a full running new server: deploy the agents again, created tags in "Tag Catalog" (I use this for filtering on some specific system tasks), import the installation files in the Master Repository, create the users, Install Extensions again, etc.

Highlighted
Former Member
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution

User37766323,

I'm doing it the way CDINET recommended.  Policy/task export/import is easier and allows me to get rid of the cruft from no longer used add-ons.  I haven't tried exporting/importing the assignments yet, nor have I created a ticket to have the epo team check things before updating to 5.10.

HTH,

DocB

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • Visit: Business Service Portal
  • More: Search Knowledge Articles
  • ePolicy Orchestrator Support

• Download the new ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO) Support Center Extension which simplifies ePO management and provides support resources directly in the console. Learn more about ePO Support Center