Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
PhilR
Level 12
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 21 of 26

Re: Backup Exec 2012 Remote Agent for Windows Servers won't start when Mcafee Agent 4.8 installed.

"Non-McAfee services do not start correctly after a system restart on computers running McAfee Agent 4.8.0.641"

http://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB78572

el-em
Level 7
Message 22 of 26

Re: Backup Exec 2012 Remote Agent for Windows Servers won't start when Mcafee Agent 4.8 installed.

Now VERY annoyed that I have been given the run around by "Gold" Tech Support - they're still bugging me for MERs even though this document is already 5 days old (and I would imagine older in terms of being recognised).

Switching to ESET - still a fully British Company - new install for 3 years working out 20% cheaper than McAfee, free migration support and fully scripted rip-and-replace managed by them included.

McAfee Employee JoeBidgood
McAfee Employee
Message 23 of 26

PhilR wrote:

"Non-McAfee services do not start correctly after a system restart on computers running McAfee Agent 4.8.0.641"

http://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB78572

What the?  Thanks for posting this - I could have sworn that I updated the thread with the link to that article.

Regards -

Joe

Message was edited by: JoeBidgood on 26/06/13 15:56:55 GMT
speter
Level 8
Message 24 of 26

Hi all,

this issue should be resolved with McAfee Agent 4.8 Patch 1, which will be published today.

Thank you.

McAfee Employee JoeBidgood
McAfee Employee
Message 25 of 26

Just to follow up on this, P1 has now released: one customer who had the issue has deployed it and it has successfully resolved the problem. I'll update the KB accordingly.

Thanks -

Joe

Glad I came across this, just a shame I didn't read it when originally posted. This issue has given us a major headache with our backups in the last few weeks. Good work in spotting it, can't believe the fix took so long.

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community