Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Fergal
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

Automating or Recreating the VDI "AgentUninstResponse" event

Jump to solution

We are implementing a VDI solution, and everything is working well. The only issue we are having is with duplicate entries for our VDI instances.

Our implemntation does not actually go through a proper shutdown, so the AgentUninstResponse event is not sent from the McAfee Agent on the VDI instance to set the public key to NULL in the ePO. So when the new instance becomes live, it creates a new entry instead of linking with the old entry.

Instead of shutting down, our solution runs a snapshot roll-back script, which returns the session to it's original state. We would like to add in the AgentUninstResponse event to this rollback script, or a script on the VDI session itself.

We are aware that we could write directly to the database, and set this value to NULL, but we don't know what other affects this would have, and as an event already exists in the McAfee product for doing this, we would like to use this event.

Has anyone else done this before, or know how to trigger this event without shutting down the VDI instance?

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 3

Re: Automating or Recreating the VDI "AgentUninstResponse" event

Jump to solution

No, we have no supported solution for that scenario.  I would also not recommend updating that value in the database manually.  I would suggest submitting an idea per kb60021 - you can do that here.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

2 Replies
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 3

Jump to solution

No, we have no supported solution for that scenario.  I would also not recommend updating that value in the database manually.  I would suggest submitting an idea per kb60021 - you can do that here.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Fergal
Level 8
Message 3 of 3

Jump to solution
More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community