cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Automatically synchronize updates from Windows 10 and McAfee management

Jump to solution

Hi,

A recent SNS notice sent out regarding many reasons to move to the latest version of ePO contained the following bullet point:

- Automatically synchronize updates from Windows 10 and McAfee management so you are always running the latest of each for best device protection.

None of the links appear to note anything in relation to this bullet point, and an initial search has been fruitless.  How does ePO5.10 specifically assist with the above?

Many thanks,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 6 of 6

Re: Automatically synchronize updates from Windows 10 and McAfee management

Jump to solution

Yes, mvision endpoint can be managed by epo on prem and yes, it can manages some of the Windows defender settings.  Please refer to the product guide for mvision - pd28227.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

5 Replies
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 6

Jump to solution

It is not referring to keeping Windows itself up to date, but referring to managing the McAfee products that are supported on the latest versions of Windows to keep them up to date.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Jump to solution

Cheers cdinet,

I appreciate that, and did not think that it was related in any way to keeping Windows up to date.

My main query is what exactly is special about epo5.10 as compared to previous versions?  What is different in 5.10 that makes this synchronisation or management easier?

Cheers,

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution

In that respect, nothing really.  It does, however, have some additional functionalities that the other versions do not have.  Check out KB91399 for additional info on the new features.

Was my reply helpful?

Jump to solution

Cheers cdinet,

Thanks for the clarification.  I appreciate there is additional functionality, and we are of course moving to upgrade, however what I find troubling is that a)in the SNS notice, the notice regarding Win10 was in a prominent position and 1 of only 3 key bullet points, and b)the first image in KB91399 (linked to in the SNS notice, and already checked) notes: "manage and sync Win10 Defender with McAfee - always run the latest device protection"

The bullet in the SNS notice is different to the bullet in the KB image (the latter is more specifically focusing on Defender).   For Defender I believe that MVISION endpoint has the capability to manage this, however I was not aware that this could be done via on-premises - can Defender be managed via on-premise ePO?

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution

Yes, mvision endpoint can be managed by epo on prem and yes, it can manages some of the Windows defender settings.  Please refer to the product guide for mvision - pd28227.

Was my reply helpful?

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • Visit: Business Service Portal
  • More: Search Knowledge Articles
  • ePolicy Orchestrator Support

• Download the new ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO) Support Center Extension which simplifies ePO management and provides support resources directly in the console. Learn more about ePO Support Center