cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatically Delete Old Rogue Detections

Jump to solution

Does anyone know the best way to automatically delete rogue systems that haven't been detected in over 7 days?

I tried to create a custom query and have a server task delete the systems based off of that query, but that method doesn't seem to work for rogues. That method works to delete managed systems but it doesn't delete any rogues for me.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 6

Re: Automatically Delete Old Rogue Detections

Jump to solution

A delete systems action would require them to be in the system tree, which these systems would not be. Unfortunately, there isn't a good task that might do exactly what you want, but there is a default RSD task - RSD: Default Delete Detected Systems Task.  The systems in the system tree and detected systems are in completely different tables, which is why your query won't work.  You would basically have to add them to the system tree first, then load your systems again as second action, then delete them.  That might be a workaround.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

5 Replies
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 6

Jump to solution

How exactly did you create the query and with what filters?

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Jump to solution

I attached a word document with screenshots of my query settings and the results. The query successfully generates the exported file like it's supposed to but no rogues get deleted.

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution

A delete systems action would require them to be in the system tree, which these systems would not be. Unfortunately, there isn't a good task that might do exactly what you want, but there is a default RSD task - RSD: Default Delete Detected Systems Task.  The systems in the system tree and detected systems are in completely different tables, which is why your query won't work.  You would basically have to add them to the system tree first, then load your systems again as second action, then delete them.  That might be a workaround.

Was my reply helpful?

View solution in original post

theglot
Level 10
Message 5 of 6

Jump to solution

worst case,  create a view in the SQL server, then a SQL server task to delete the items out of the tables from the query.  You must ensure you know every table where the data is stored so you don't get any orphans .

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution

Deleting directly from the database can have negative consequences if you are not sure what to delete and where, and you would also need to know what tables are related.  That is not something that McAfee recommends.

Was my reply helpful?

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community