Jump to solution

I used to work with Joe many years ago and he is a very nice man

McAfee Employee JoeBidgood
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 14 of 24

Re: Automatic Responses Not Sending E-Mail

Jump to solution

Okay, that rule looks fine, and works OK in a test environment (with the address changed, of course.)

This means something more serious is wrong. Remove a package from the master repository and then check it in again, to generate another 'successful update' event, and then after a minute or so check the orion.log on the server - are there any entries in here that relate to notifications?

Regards -

Joe

Jump to solution

Joe,

In my automatic responses should I enter a filter or leave it blank.  Also I found out that I had created an agent handler that I didn't need so I removed it yesterday which I was hoping would resolve the issue but did not.

Okay I removed a package and checked it back in.  In the Orion log I see the following message:

2010-03-11 07:46:35,966 WARN  [http-8443-Processor16] auth.DefaultRoleManager  - Unable to load roles for user: SVC-epo.gucci.us
java.lang.Exception: Unable to find connection or dnsRoot for domain: amer.guccigroup.dom.

Any ideas.

McAfee Employee
Message 16 of 24

Jump to solution

Generally speaking you'll need a filter, otherwise you'll get a notification for every event which would be a bit overwhelming. The filter you've got in the response at the moment look fine to me...

The log message you've posted doesn't really apply to the responses. At this point I think you'd be better off opening a case with support so that we can look at this properly.

Regards-

Joe

Jump to solution

Hi Joe,

I have a case open with support from yesterday.  Do you work for McAfee?  Do you want the case number?

Jump to solution

Joe,

All of a sudden I started receiving my alerts however I started receiving over 5,000 alerts. I had to stop the services on the server.  How do I stop the server from generating all those alerts.  It seems as if it generating all back alerts?  Also I received alerts that were blank.  Any idea's.

Please advise.

Jump to solution

Joe,

I figured out what the problems were and have corrected them.  I am now getting my alerts.  I believe the outdated agent handler was the biggest issue.  Thank you so much for all your help.  Have a wonderful day.

McAfee Employee
Message 20 of 24

Jump to solution

Glad it's all sorted now

Regards -

Joe

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community