Jump to solution

I used to work with Joe many years ago and he is a very nice man

McAfee Employee JoeBidgood
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 14 of 24

Re: Automatic Responses Not Sending E-Mail

Jump to solution

Okay, that rule looks fine, and works OK in a test environment (with the address changed, of course.)

This means something more serious is wrong. Remove a package from the master repository and then check it in again, to generate another 'successful update' event, and then after a minute or so check the orion.log on the server - are there any entries in here that relate to notifications?

Regards -

Joe

Jump to solution

Joe,

In my automatic responses should I enter a filter or leave it blank.  Also I found out that I had created an agent handler that I didn't need so I removed it yesterday which I was hoping would resolve the issue but did not.

Okay I removed a package and checked it back in.  In the Orion log I see the following message:

2010-03-11 07:46:35,966 WARN  [http-8443-Processor16] auth.DefaultRoleManager  - Unable to load roles for user: SVC-epo.gucci.us
java.lang.Exception: Unable to find connection or dnsRoot for domain: amer.guccigroup.dom.

Any ideas.

McAfee Employee
Message 16 of 24

Jump to solution

Generally speaking you'll need a filter, otherwise you'll get a notification for every event which would be a bit overwhelming. The filter you've got in the response at the moment look fine to me...

The log message you've posted doesn't really apply to the responses. At this point I think you'd be better off opening a case with support so that we can look at this properly.

Regards-

Joe

Jump to solution

Hi Joe,

I have a case open with support from yesterday.  Do you work for McAfee?  Do you want the case number?

Jump to solution

Joe,

All of a sudden I started receiving my alerts however I started receiving over 5,000 alerts. I had to stop the services on the server.  How do I stop the server from generating all those alerts.  It seems as if it generating all back alerts?  Also I received alerts that were blank.  Any idea's.

Please advise.

Jump to solution

Joe,

I figured out what the problems were and have corrected them.  I am now getting my alerts.  I believe the outdated agent handler was the biggest issue.  Thank you so much for all your help.  Have a wonderful day.

McAfee Employee
Message 20 of 24

Jump to solution

Glad it's all sorted now

Regards -

Joe

ePO Support Center Plug-in
Check out the new ePO Support Center. Simply access the ePO Software Manager and follow the instructions in the Product Guide for the most commonly used utilities, top known issues announcements, search the knowledgebase for product documentation, and server status and statistics – all from within ePO.