Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bcs1211
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 24

Automatic Responses Not Sending E-Mail

Jump to solution

I have created automatic responses for certain issues and I am not receiving any e-mails regarding them.  I have a new ePO 4.5 Server.  My old 3.61 server alerts/automatic responses worked fine.  Please advise anyone.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Automatic Responses Not Sending E-Mail

Jump to solution

Joe,

I figured out what the problems were and have corrected them.  I am now getting my alerts.  I believe the outdated agent handler was the biggest issue.  Thank you so much for all your help.  Have a wonderful day.

23 Replies
McAfee Employee JoeBidgood
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 24

Jump to solution

How are your responses configured? The aggregation settings in particular can catch people out...

Can you successfully send a test mail from the email server configuration page?

HTH -

Joe

bcs1211
Level 9
Message 3 of 24

Jump to solution

Hi Joe, yes I can receive an e-mail from the e-mail server configuration page and my aggregations are throttled for every event.

McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 24

Jump to solution

OK, good... can you post an example of a response you've got configured and what it's supposed to do?

Joe

bcs1211
Level 9
Message 5 of 24

Jump to solution

I exported this response from my server.  It's used to alert me if the repository pull fails.

McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 24

Jump to solution

Okay, I think I know what is happening here

This response is a "Threat" type response, which means it is looking for virus detection events from client machines and so on - so it will never trigger for a repository pull failure. You can't change its type after the response is created - but if you create a new one of type "Server" (which deals with server-related functions like pulls, replications and so on) with the same parameters, it should work.

(As a test, create one to email you when a pull is successful, and then do a Pull Now task - assuming it succeeds you should get a mail. Easier than waiting for the next failure )

Regards -

Joe

bcs1211
Level 9
Message 7 of 24

Jump to solution

Okay Joe I did as you suggested and I am still not getting an e-mail.  See attached.  I do not know what I am doing wrong.

bcs1211
Level 9
Message 8 of 24

Jump to solution

Also should a automatic response for Virus detected and not handled be a threat response or client response.

Jump to solution

Hi Just happened upon this thread while looking for something else.

Quick answer to the last question. Virus Detected should be a Threat Response.

Jump to solution

thank you.

ePO Support Center Plug-in
Check out the new ePO Support Center. Simply access the ePO Software Manager and follow the instructions in the Product Guide for the most commonly used utilities, top known issues announcements, search the knowledgebase for product documentation, and server status and statistics – all from within ePO.