cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Response for VSE Uninstall

Jump to solution

I am tackling Automatic Responses for a couple months now and I am still a beginner....

Does anyone know how to create an Automatic Response that reports an uninstall of VirusScan Enterprise? I tried a couple of ways but it seems that the McAfee Agent does not send this as an event to ePO.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
apoling
Level 14
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 4

Jump to solution

I suggest you run a VirusScan deployment task daily for every clients, so you won't have to bother with Automatic Response (which is not usable for this type of requirement). If virusscan is installed, the deployment task does nothing, but if its uninstalled then it reinstalls promptly.

I think this is fairly an automated way.

In addition you could run a query for nodes - weekly or less often - that do not have virusScan installed and if you see a node that reports regularly yet does not have virusscan, then its a task for you to find out why the deployments task have not run on that client.

Attila

3 Replies
notime
Level 10
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

Hi,

Please can you explain clearly

apoling
Level 14
Message 3 of 4

Jump to solution

I suggest you run a VirusScan deployment task daily for every clients, so you won't have to bother with Automatic Response (which is not usable for this type of requirement). If virusscan is installed, the deployment task does nothing, but if its uninstalled then it reinstalls promptly.

I think this is fairly an automated way.

In addition you could run a query for nodes - weekly or less often - that do not have virusScan installed and if you see a node that reports regularly yet does not have virusscan, then its a task for you to find out why the deployments task have not run on that client.

Attila

Re: Automatic Response for VSE Uninstall

Jump to solution

Thanks Attila.

I think I will just run a report every day. In our environment it is a blend of SMS, ePO, and manual installation. We can remediate by one of these methods after reviewing the report.