cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automate system transfer to new ePO

Jump to solution

Hello All,

I am about 98% complete with transferring systems from my old ePO to the new ePO. The remaining systems have either been turned off or are laptops/telecommuters and are not on during the window that I manually trigger the "transfer systems" agent task. 

My question is, Is there a way to schedule the "transfer systems" agent task so that when systems come online in the old ePO they will be scheduled to transfer to the new ePO, without me having to go back to the old ePO everyday to do a manual transfer?

Also, I have deleted the systems which are more than a week offline, so if they are to check back into the old ePO, they get placed in the "Lost and Found" systemtree. So, ideally, if a system shows up in this systemtree, I would like it to trigger the "transfer systems" agent task automatically.

Thank You.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
bodysoda Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 5

Re: Automate system transfer to new ePO

Jump to solution

Yes, you can create a server task to run a query on system tree and sub-action to transfer system.

In case above information was useful or answered your question, please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give a Kudo. Thanks!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Jump to solution

Yes, you can create a server task to run a query on system tree and sub-action to transfer system.

In case above information was useful or answered your question, please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give a Kudo. Thanks!

View solution in original post

Jump to solution

Thank you! That did the trick perfectly. I always forget about the power with queries and server tasks. 

Thanks for the help. 

denn Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

Hello, could you describe how - transfer system works ?

How to point systems to the a new ePO server ?

Because I am planning to migrate all clietns to a new ePO server.

Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Jump to solution

Follow the instructions on the below KB 

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB79283

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community