Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zuku
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 10

Automate deploy agent using Query

I have set synchronization with AD, and have checked if new Systems are being discovered deploy agent to them - but this is not working for me. If I add new computers to AD, Epo scan detects it but they are in "Unmanaged" state.

So I'm trying now to automate this using Query, I created query that list 'system name' and 'unmanaged state' in two columns. Now in server task I chose this query as Action 1, now I would add Action 2 to deploy agent, but I do not see anywhere that option here:

action2 - 2.jpgaction2.jpg

9 Replies
Reliable Contributor Nielsb
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 10

Re: Automate deploy agent using Query

Hi

You have to select the sub-action --> Deploy McAfee agent, see printscreen below:Sub-action.PNG

zuku
Level 8
Message 3 of 10

As sub-action I also do not have option to deploy agent

action2 - 3.jpg 

McAfee Employee vivs
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 10

Please go to the Server task>New Server Task>Give name of Server Task>Next (Actions)>Select Run Query and Query would be Unmanaged Systems>Sub-Actions Deploy McAfee Agent.

Please follow the above steps and let us know.

clipboard_image_0.png

Screenshot Attached

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

zuku
Level 8
Message 5 of 10

I did exactly as you described, but when I click three dots on sub-action I have only these options:
-email file
-export to file
-run external command

action2 - 4.jpg

action2 - 3.jpg

McAfee Employee vivs
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 10

Please select Unmanaged Systems instead of Unmanaged Query.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

zuku
Level 8
Message 7 of 10

OK, got it.

Have one more question if I schedule Client task, what mean option "Run Immediately" does this mean that this task will be executed just now but only once?

Reliable Contributor Nielsb
Reliable Contributor
Message 8 of 10

Correct see also the post of vnaidu

If you use the client task run immediately that means the client task would start to run only once but you only have the option to stop the task if runs for xx hours xx minutes.

Run once will give you more options to select effective start date and time and you could repeat the task once during the specific time slot. So Run once is entirely different from Run Immediately.

https://community.mcafee.com/t5/ePolicy-Orchestrator/Understanding-Run-Immediately/td-p/618950

McAfee Employee vivs
McAfee Employee
Message 9 of 10

Correct Run immediately will triggers once.

After creating a Run Immediately Task send a wake up agent call or click on the collect and send props from the client machine or leave it till the next ASCI is happening.

The task will trigger and do the job.

Run Immediately — Starts the deployment task during the next ASCI.

https://kc.mcafee.com/resources/sites/MCAFEE/content/live/PRODUCT_DOCUMENTATION/27000/PD27630/en_US/...

Page 125

Was my reply helpful?

Highlighted
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 10 of 10

The options you get as a sub action on the query also depends on the query type you have configured. I would just set the query as a table and the only column you really need is system name, other columns are only for your viewing benefit. In the ad sync section where you configured the mapping point, did you choose to deploy the agent there when systems are brought in? The server log on the epo server will show the push failure or success. See KB56386 for some possible reasons for failure (support.mcafee.com) and to make sure all the environmental requirements are being met.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community