Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scoutt
Level 11
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 5

AutoUpdate Clients When We Want

We have it setup to auto download the newest DAT whenever it is ready (our schedule pull). The problem is, even though I have setup a client task to update at 9pm at night as soon as the DAT is download in ePO it goes out to wake up all agents and this is where I believe it is telling the agent to download the latest dat. So it is circumventing our autoupdate at a specific time. I would also like to setup a test Server/PC to get the latest dat and then if ok, send it to the rest of the clients. Enlight of what happen in April (the bad DAT download corrupting machines) I heard we can set it up so the latest DAT doesn't get pushed to the clinets until we approve it.

For example, today the ePO server downloaded the new 6064 dat, at 12:14pm PDT, half an hour later the clients got updated and I cannot for the life of me find out where and why that happened? It is not following the update tasks we have set.

4 Replies
Mal09
Level 12
Message 2 of 5

Re: AutoUpdate Clients When We Want

This is caused by Global Updating being enabled (Configuration, Server Settings, Global Updating).

Have a look at the EPO 4.5 (or your version of EPO) product guide. https://kc.mcafee.com/resources/sites/MCAFEE/content/live/PRODUCT_DOCUMENTATION/21000/PD21812/en_US/... (Page 174-175 and 181-182) for more information.

Message was edited by: Mal09 on 5/08/10 8:33:43 AM
scoutt
Level 11
Message 3 of 5

Thank you Mal09, I found Global update in our 4.0 p7 system. I have disabled it and added a new auto update task. Then I made a new autoupdate task for 3 of our servers to update at a later time. But when I broke inheritance it still shows up in the task manager in the VSE consol. I guess we will see how they update if one is not suppose to run.

scoutt
Level 11
Message 4 of 5

ok, I have disabled Global updating, which I said in my last post. I made a new task for ALL servers in one of my groups that thye are, that works great. I then broke its inheritance for that and made a new task on that server, for a later time and even though I can list teh tasks for all server that 1  don't inherit, BUT it still shows both update tasks in the VS concolse. And it still gets updated at the ealry time. If I broke heiritance why is it still there? and being used?

Making a task for each server is not practicle. We have over 75

scoutt
Level 11
Message 5 of 5

This has been resolved. We upgraded to 4.5 p3 and I deleted the new task I made and it broke heritance correctly with the AutoUpdate taks I made for all servers.

Thanks