cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audit Log shows thousands Failed request URLs for navButton.do

Hello community,

Maybe someone have seen this problem, I'm not able to find something similar in the internet.

We have new ePO installed and Audit Log plagued by this error:

"The user was not authorized to access the requested URL /Softwaremgmt/navbutton.do"

audit error.png

Thank you in advance!

5 Replies
McAfee Employee Hawkmoon
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 6

Re: Audit Log shows thousands Failed request URLs for navButton.do

Hi DmitriK,

The screen shot list 4 users that appear to have tried to and been denied access.

Are you using 'permission sets? 

Have you asked the users what it is they are doing when they are presented with the access message?

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Hi Hawkmoon,

Thank you for your reply.

As I understand this is the button SoftwareManagement in ePO. But these users do not use this button, also the log shows thousands of them, even if someone clicked on this button I bet they do not do it thousands time in a row 🙂

And the screenshot shows several users but these log errors appear for all current users we have right now. And we not made an access restriction for this section too...

McAfee Employee Hawkmoon
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 6

So you don't use 'permission sets' at all!

All of your ePO users show this message in the audit.log when they are logged in.

Odd question, can you create a new user, then login as said user,  does that user then show the same mesage during there user session?

I am aware of an past issue where an unwanted messages was reported in ePOs audit.log:

ePolicy Orchestrator audit log contains excessive "Notify Agent" messages
Technical Articles ID: KB88281

What you see sounds simulare, but the button portion of the messages is unexpected here.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Thank you for provided feedback!

I will try to do these things and will report,

also sorry I forget to say that our ePO version is 5.9.1.251 so this KB article provided already outdated for me. But thanks anyway!

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 6

What you might want to do is work with one of the users, monitor the audit log and as soon as you see an alert, find out exactly what the user was doing.  Can you post screenshots of your permission set settings?  As a side note, please don't post anything with sensitive info in it, such as usernames, etc. for your own protection.

Was my reply helpful?

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community