Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audit Engine Content questions

Jump to solution

ePO 4.6.1

VSE 8.8, 8.7, and lingering 8.5

HIPS 8

Audit Engine Content 1014

In my Product Deployment Dashboard, I am displaying the McAfee Labs Threat Advisory Monitor. This monitor shows that all my checked in products are up to date with the exception of Audit Engine Content which is stuck at 1014. The latest available is 1076 at this moment.

My question is, what the heck is Audit Engine Content, and why won't it update? Can someone give me a simple definition, theory of ops, and if I should be concerned? I have searched through the Product Guide, Installation Guide, McAfee Communities, Support Portal and even Google but have not found a  clean, simple description. I have not talked to McAfee support yet; I thought I'd throw it out here first before I take up a chat with support. I mean, why keep a secret like this to myself?

Thanks all.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Audit Engine Content questions

Jump to solution

Hi soviatt, the Audit Engine Content is used by Policy Auditor and Network Access Control.

Policy Auditor is used to audit policies on computers to see if they are complinat with PCI, SOX and most other policies.

Network Access Control decides wether a computer can access or not a LAN (for example) dependending on if they are compliant or not with your policies

2 Replies

Jump to solution

Hi soviatt, the Audit Engine Content is used by Policy Auditor and Network Access Control.

Policy Auditor is used to audit policies on computers to see if they are complinat with PCI, SOX and most other policies.

Network Access Control decides wether a computer can access or not a LAN (for example) dependending on if they are compliant or not with your policies

Jump to solution

Thank you I appreciate the repsonse and sorry it took so long for me to get back. Life is a highway ya know.....