cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Assigned Client Tasks (ODS) not running

Jump to solution

Hi,

I've just set up a new EPO 5.10 server (moving over to it from an old EPO 5.1 server) and i'm having a problem getting the ENS ODS Quick Scans to run.  I've got 9 test machines in the same folder in the system tree and the scan is scheduled to run at every day at 12:45

My laptop is one of the test systems and the Quick Scan is running - however, I've just noticed the Quick Scan isn't running on any of the other systems.  There is nothing different about my system that should be affecting this, and the Quick Scans worked OK on the old EPO server.

There is no tag criteria on the task - all systems should run the task and the machines have been installed for several days, so the policies will have been pushed multiple times.

If i select a system and click on the Applied Current Tasks tab then i can see the Quick Scan task on the system, but it isn't running.  I've checked the report ENS TP: Duration of Completed Quick Scans and it only shows my system as having done i scan and i've checked on systems manually and they don;t show the Quick Scan as ever running.

Software versions are Agent 5.6.1.298, ENS 10.6.1.1638

Thanks in advance

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 5

Re: Assigned Client Tasks (ODS) not running

Jump to solution

The masvc log on the client will show it getting the task and invoking it (or failing to).  The macompatsvc log will show if there are any issues with agent communicating with ens, which could cause the task to try to invoke, but fail due to issues with point product.  They are located in c:\programdata\mcafee\agent\logs folder on the client.  Alternatively, you can try creating a new task and assigning it instead - sometimes a task might get corrupted somewhere along the line, client or server side. 

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

4 Replies
Reliable Contributor Ufoto
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Jump to solution

If you schedule a task with a specific time, and you don't enable the 'Run Missed Task' option, the task will not run if the system is not alive at the exact moment. If the users shut down or hybernate their systems at that time the task will never run. 

I would suggest adding the 'Run Missed Task' option in the client task assignment, or changing the schedule to 'Run Immediately' just for testing purposes. On the next day, you should be able to see the scan logs if the systems connected to the ePO in the meantime.

Was my reply helpful? If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 5

Jump to solution

The masvc log on the client will show it getting the task and invoking it (or failing to).  The macompatsvc log will show if there are any issues with agent communicating with ens, which could cause the task to try to invoke, but fail due to issues with point product.  They are located in c:\programdata\mcafee\agent\logs folder on the client.  Alternatively, you can try creating a new task and assigning it instead - sometimes a task might get corrupted somewhere along the line, client or server side. 

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Jump to solution

Thanks for the replies,

Run Missed Task didn't seem to make a difference, but i checked the logs and noticed the logs were reporting the scan tasks being invoked, but there was never any scan completed messages (either success or fail).

As suggested, I've deleted the scan tasks and created new ones and they seems to be running and completing now so i think the problem is resolved.

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 5

Jump to solution

Glad it is working!

Was my reply helpful?

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community