Did you mean: 
Reliable Contributor vnaidu
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 9

Assign client task

Jump to solution

Dear All,

I would like to load a file with a list of systems, then assign a tag and based on the tag I would like to assign a client task to the list of machines in the file through a Server task. Please assist if this is possible.

I look forward your reply.

TIA

Venu
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 9

Re: Assign client task

Jump to solution

Then you won't be affected by that issue.  Do the steps work for you to accomplish what you want?

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Reliable Contributor
Message 9 of 9

Jump to solution

@cdinet

I tried as per your suggestion and it works.

Cheers 🙂

Venu
8 Replies
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 9

Jump to solution

@hem

@rgc

Can you suggest on the above question please.

Venu
McAfee Employee hem
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 9

Jump to solution

What are you trying to achieve by clubbing all the steps in one? My suggestion would be to study each of the steps (populate the machine, put them under correct machine group, apply tag,  client task etc).

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 9

Jump to solution

@hem

Bhai, I have list of machines which are randomly scattred across the system tree. My task would be to have those scattered machines an unique client task ( ENS local Scan task).

I would like to know if I follow the below steps, would I be able to accomplish my task?

1. Collect the list of machines from across the system tree and save it on a notepad and place it in c drive.

2. Load systems by file name and then assign a task.

3. Now I need to assign a client task as per the assigned tag, which is where I am stuck.

Suggest me please.

TIA

Venu
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 9

Jump to solution

To assign a client task based on tag, that is not done via a server task. You can assign a task via the server task, but it is not a tag-based one. You would create a client task assignment in the system tree at my organization and choose the option to only send task if they have the specified tag.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 9

Jump to solution

You can load the systems by file in a server task and assign a tag.  As a secondary action you can assign a client task.  You can also just assign the tag and have a client task set up at my org that is based on the tag you assigned.  There are several ways to accomplish what you want to do.

I don't know what version of epo or agent you have, but one thing to be aware of is kb86039 where tag based tasks are sent regardless of tag assignment.  5.3.2 epo version and above resolves that.

Was my reply helpful?

Reliable Contributor
Message 7 of 9

Jump to solution

@cdinet

I am using ePO 5.9 and ENS 10.X

Venu
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 9

Jump to solution

Then you won't be affected by that issue.  Do the steps work for you to accomplish what you want?

Was my reply helpful?

Reliable Contributor
Message 9 of 9

Jump to solution

@cdinet

I tried as per your suggestion and it works.

Cheers 🙂

Venu
More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community