Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 2

Apply a Criteria based tag to only one group in the system tree ePO 5.10

Jump to solution

Is there a way to have a criteria based tag apply to only one group in the system tree? We are using ePO 5.10.

I know I can create a tag, then using a server task I can run a query that selects my desired group and then manually apply the tag, but that is not really the same thing.  For example suppose in my system tree I have groups Accounting, Sales, Admin, and Servers. We have different IT groups that are responsible for each area. The IT group that is responsible for Accounting system tree want to create a tag that applies to every system that has a certain product, say McAfee Drive Encryption.  If I create a criteria based tag "Drive Encryption product version is not blank" It will tag every system in the whole system tree, when I only want that to apply to the Accounting group.  If I use  a server task I can create a query for that group and apply a tag, but that really does not fix the issue because once that system is tagged it will remain tagged even if the product, Drive encryption is removed. The server task option is not really a solution.  With Criteria based tag I can set it to evaluate on each agent-server communication.

Is there a way to apply a Criteria based tag to only one group in the system tree in ePO 5.10?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 2

Re: Apply a Criteria based tag to only one group in the system tree ePO 5.10

Jump to solution

Not unless there is some type of available criteria that only applies to that group.  That would include IP range, system name contains certain pattern, etc.  Otherwise, it would be a manual assignment using server task.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 2

Re: Apply a Criteria based tag to only one group in the system tree ePO 5.10

Jump to solution

Not unless there is some type of available criteria that only applies to that group.  That would include IP range, system name contains certain pattern, etc.  Otherwise, it would be a manual assignment using server task.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community