cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apply Tags to computers available in AD DL

How to apply tag to computers in specific Active directory DL,Microsoft SCCM does this Does mcafee ePO has this capability ?

7 Replies
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 8

Re: Apply Tags to computers available in AD DL

Can you be more specific in what you are trying to accomplish?  ePO can apply tags only to systems in the epo console and it is a server side function.  The agents have no knowledge of tagging, it is for epo's use only. 

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

we have system in different countries and few system are selected as test machines. to apply Tag the computer name criteria  is only option to apply the tag as test system. we have AD DL created and all system are added to DL. If we can sync this DL to apply tag it will be easy.

Applying the Tag based on system name query does not allow to add more computers(there is a limit of 60 system) but we need to add 200 computers.

If there is AD sync task in tag applying  task that will be good insted of adding computers to tag criteria manually copy past in the criteria.

or any alternate solution available is welcome ?

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 8

You can create a list of those systems and load systems by file in a server task and as secondary option, apply tag.  The product guide shows how to load systems by file, I believe.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

the system are already sync to ePO from AD . The import option will create duplicate system name when you use import from file and the tag will apply to dupliate un managed system. The duplicate systems clean option will delete these computers and the Tag will be empty.

The few computers already sync to epo from AD need to be applied a tag. These few computers(200) are grouped in AD DL, so what is the posibility we can apply tag ?

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 8

Load systems by file with a secondary action of applying a tag will only apply the tag to those systems listed.  It will not add them to the system tree and create duplicates.  Without a lot more detail on your system tree structure and whether the dl group are all in the same OU or not, that is the best recommendation we can give.  If they are all in the same group, apply the tag at the group level.  Otherwise, if there is no system properties common to match criteria in the tag, you don't have a lot of options.  Either load systems by file & apply tag, apply them manually, or find some matching criteria for automatic tag assignments.

You can also accomplish that by custom props on the agent.  The latest version of agent allows you to send a task to the system to add a custom property to the agent, which you can use as tag based criteria for automatic assignment.

Was my reply helpful?

This looks promisisng but its a static to apply tag. There is a multiple task depends to generate list and apply tag if one task fail entire cycle fails.

Is ther a time line to get the AD DL sync to apply tag option will be available ?

Thank you for the quick reply.

Highlighted
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 8

ePO's ad sync is not based on distribution lists, if that is what you are asking.  We look directly at the OU containers that contain computers and that is all.  There are no plans as far as I am aware of to use any type of DL's for anything.

Was my reply helpful?

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community