cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apache doesn`t start. ePolicyOrchestrator

Hello,

i had installed McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator. The setup installed an Apache server, too. My problem is that i get the following message and the apache service doesn`n start.

The Apache service named reported the following error:

>>> [Fri Jul 09 08:55:51 2010] [notice] Disabled use of AcceptEx() WinSock2 API .

How can i change this? Google sayy that somethin have to be changed in a config file. B;ut Idon`t konow wich config file is ment and where i have to change it.

The os is Windows Server 2003.

I would be happy for a answer in german, but is isn`t necessary

Fightbackman

If you need some more information about the system, post what you need; so that i will post ist.

14 Replies
Mal09
Level 12
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 15

Re: Apache doesn`t start. ePolicyOrchestrator

I'm not sure if that is your error. KB51321 (for EPO 4, but EPO 4.5 is similar) states:

During normal operations you may receive an Apache  error (ID 3299) noting the disabled use of AcceptEx. This is not an  actual error, and should be regarded as informational.

Are there any other errors displayed?

This isn`t just an information. Every time when i try to start this service I got a message that it windows can`t start it and shoul look at the error log of windows

(i don´t konow the right englisch name). And ther i get the message I allready posted.

Withoust this Server Orchestrator doesn`t work. I need help

on 09.07.10 03:21:26 CDT
apoling
Level 14
Message 4 of 15

Hello,

have you also tried reinstalling the software?

Otherwise please try to post screenshots of the actual error message when you 1) try to start the service and 2) the one in the relevant Windows event log.

Might also be useful to post (attach) files from C:\ProgramFiles\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator\Server\Logs folder for us to look at.

Attila

So here are the Scrrenshots. The log-files are empty. In my opinion there cant`t stand something because the server doesn`t start.

But thank you for your help.

Fiightbackman

Nachricht geändert durch Fiightbackman on 09.07.10 06:08:46 CDT
apoling
Level 14
Message 6 of 15

Hello,

Fiightbackman wrote:

So here are the Scrrenshots. The log-files are empty. In my opinion there cant`t stand something because the server doesn`t start.

Do you mean there isn't any log file in the folder or there are log files, but they are all empty?

I'm afraid a reinstall would be necessary. I'm sorry.

Attila

There are Log-Files but they are empty.  I will think about reiinstall but I´m probably

away for a few days, so that it could past some time before I can tell you what happend.

All in all I want to thank you all for your past and future help.

Fiightbackman

d0x
Level 7
Message 8 of 15

That is a normal error. I have it too and it does not affect the start of ePO. Are there no other errors?

I can reach the Web-inteface. But ePo need the apache server for something special. So i need a solution for that problem or it can´t work right, until this server get started.

Fiightbackman

P.S.: Thanks Jane

on 09.07.10 06:52:46 CDT
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 10 of 15

In the ePO install directory, in the ..\Apache2\Logs folder, can you find the most recent error log and post it here?

Thanks -

Joe