Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ksamir
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 5

Antivirus for Embedded OS

Dear All,

i have ePolicy Orchestrator 4.5 sever, is it possible to deploy it for embedded XP Operating Systems ?

is there any solution?

Regards.

4 Replies
apoling
Level 14
Message 2 of 5

Re: Antivirus for Embedded OS

ksamir
Level 7
Message 3 of 5

thank you Attila for your support.

Note: actually i am looking forward to deploy them on think client is it possible ?

wishing you all the best,

Regards.

apoling
Level 14
Message 4 of 5

Hello,

there used to be a product called VirusScan Thin client (a very basic version of VirusScan deprived of many modules), which I am not sure means the product to deploy on Windows "thin clients".

We have a number of Windows XP Embedded computers with VirusScan Enteprise 8.5 running on them without many problems (actually what problems we have are "well confined" and originate from a few causes which we know why, and none of which are because of the thin client state.

McAfee actually has a policy to support VirusScan Enterprise on Windos XP embedded, the documentation of which is attach here.

Also please look for similar entries in https://kc.mcafee.com to find more recent articles on the same.

Good luck!

Attila

Highlighted

From what I have been told, support of VirusScan on embedded OS devices like Point-of-Sale (POS), etc, has been discontinued.  Ask your Sales rep about Solidcore.  This is the white-listing software that was purchased by McAfee this past year.  It is much more conducive to embedded OS systems, as these systems' functions are more static than conventional OS's, and can be locked down accordingly.  We are not using it today, but it is something we are looking at.  Just my two cents...

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • Visit: Business Service Portal
  • More: Search Knowledge Articles
  • ePolicy Orchestrator Support

• Download the new ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO) Support Center Extension which simplifies ePO management and provides support resources directly in the console. Learn more about ePO Support Center