Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pick13
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 13

AntiVirus Automatic Responses

Our Techs just made a new company image but, forgot to add the Antivirus software. How do I create an automatic response to move computers with no AV to another container for install?

Thanks

12 Replies
tkinkead
Level 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: AntiVirus Automatic Responses

I've always done it this way.

Create a query that looks for systems without the VSE client installed.

Create a tag called "VSE_Install" or something similar.

Create a Server Task that first runs a query for all systems and removes the VSE_Install tag.  Then it executes the query for systems without VSE installed and tags them with the VSE_Install tag.

On the System Tree, add a client task that runs however often you'd like (daily, for example), and executes a VSE installation task if the system has the VSE_Install tag.

I have a task like this running all the time, to cover cases where the anti-virus might become uninstalled from a system.

pick13
Level 7
Message 3 of 13

Bump

Thanks for the input that didn't work.

There has to be an easer way for ePO to detect non-compliant computers and, fix them with no user interaction. I thought that was the whole point of ePO

ansarias
Level 13
Message 4 of 13

First create a tag where VSE version = 0 and apply the tag in next agent to server communication.

Create a ePO server task where apply the VSE install task on those systems which are running with that tag defined in step 1.

pick13
Level 7
Message 5 of 13

I'm using ePO 4.6.9 and there's no option for a VSE Tag.

ePO 4.6.x is EOL by the way. You should upgrade to 5.1.3 or 5.3.1 and use the "Continuous Product Deployment" (page 169 of the ePO product guide).

tkinkead
Level 12
Message 7 of 13

Tagging functionality exists in ePO 4.6.  You just have to create the tag.

Alternatively, you can create a query that finds all systems that do not have VSE installed.  Then, create a Server Task that runs that query and then moves all systems to a specified group.  Schedule a task to run on that group.

If you do it this way, you'll have to manually go and move the systems back to their original groups (or create another server task to do the same). 

Correct, that's why I said "you should". But he can stay on the now unsupported 4.6.9 and create a query with property "managed state" is "unmanaged" and use this with a Server Task with subaction "Deploy McAfee Agent".

tkinkead
Level 12
Message 9 of 13

Yeah, sorry, I was just replying to the OP's statement that there was no VSE tag in 4.6.  Agreed that he should look at upgrading to a supported version.

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 10 of 13

Have you considered the Product Deployment feature? Ststems missing will receive VirusScan and those with VSE will show as installed. Run a continuous Product Deployment.

You will find it in ePO 5.x.

Just a thought.