cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Agent unable to connect to EPO

Hi guys,

sorry for another one of these agent unable to connect threads however I has just started a new job and first task is this when I have no experience, plus the previous support technician looks like he checked the epo together.

so a complete newbie needing some help

I have found a lot of machines on site have not even had the agent installed and those that do cannot connect to EPO server (some since June 2014).  Reading other threads I know you need the logs files so please find them attached.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

32 Replies
ansarias
Level 13
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 33

Re: Another Agent unable to connect to EPO

Can we have agent log file locally from affected machines?

File Name will be Agent_MachineName.log

Now let me ask if this is correct,  to get the agent log you find it within the system tree on the epo console and it will display?  When I do this it will not display the webpage that opens for the logs.

If you browse to the logs similar to how you do on the server, they are not there either?

Newbie remember lol

scottgilliland2003 wrote:

Now let me ask if this is correct,  to get the agent log you find it within the system tree on the epo console and it will display?  When I do this it will not display the webpage that opens for the logs.

If you browse to the logs similar to how you do on the server, they are not there either?

Newbie remember lol

I've had issues with that too, I think it's related to port/IE security settings.  You can view the logs manually though, just using notepad (or your editor of choice).  On my 64-bit sytem, the path is C:\ProgramData\McAfee\Common Framework\DB , then look for Agent_*hostname*.log near the top. 

ansarias
Level 13
Message 5 of 33

McAfee Agent logs try to get it locally from affected machine : path will be : X\ProgramData\McAfee\Common Framework\DB

From ePO you can check it with option "Show Agent Log", But it will only show when you have enabled it in McAfee Agent general policy from ePO console.

Policy Catalog > McAfee Agent (Product) > General (Category) > Logging > Enable Agent Activity Log.

Hi guys,

thanks for explaining that.

I have doubled checked and within the common framework folder there is no DB folder.

I went on lunch and left machine locked and now it reports it is connecting to server.........................................This is really bugging!

ansarias
Level 13
Message 7 of 33

If no DB folder present than McAfee agent is not installed correctly. Also check file size : LastPropsSentToServer.xml it should not be 0 KB.

I'll suggest to reinstall McAfee Agent (Framepkg.exe) with /forceinstall command and see if it is connecting to ePO console or not.

there is no "LastPropsSentToServer.xml" within the mcafee directory....

As the machine is now connecting to the epo server I have sent a deployment of the agent to all available machine, that's even assuming that its all configured coorectly to even do that!!!

ansarias
Level 13
Message 9 of 33

Completely strange, Machine is not having standard McAfee Agent configuration and still it is reporting to ePO console

explorer_hidden.jpg