cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An unexpected error occurred after a migration to EPO 4.6

Jump to solution

Dear all,

After a migration from EPO 4.5 patch 3 to EPO 4.6 I can’t modify the Active Directory replication:

I’m getting:  An unexpected error occurred.

And the Orion Logs:

2011-04-15 20:45:18,976 ERROR [http-8443-Processor18] [/ComputerMgmt].[ComputerMgmt]  - Servlet.service() for servlet ComputerMgmt threw exception java.lang.NullPointerException at com.mcafee.epo.computermgmt.ui.action.GroupSyncAction.initServers(GroupSyncAction.java:821)at com.mcafee.epo.computermgmt.ui.action.GroupSyncAction.ShowGroupSynchSettings(GroupSyncAction.java:208)at com.mcafee.epo.computermgmt.ui.action.GroupSyncAction.GroupSynchSettings(GroupSyncAction.java:110) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597) at com.mcafee.orion.core.servlet.mvc.MvcActionFactoryBase.executeAction(MvcActionFactoryBase.java:54) at com.mcafee.orion.core.servlet.ControllerServlet.executeAction(ControllerServlet.java:253)

at com.mcafee.orion.core.servlet.ControllerServlet.processRequest(ControllerServlet.java:135)

at com.mcafee.orion.core.servlet.ControllerServlet.doGet(ControllerServlet.java:103)at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:627) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:729)at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:269)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:188)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:172)

at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:563)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)

at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:117)

at com.mcafee.orion.core.server.AjaxValve.invoke(AjaxValve.java:84)

at com.mcafee.orion.core.server.OrionUserSetupValve.invoke(OrionUserSetupValve.java:48)

at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.SingleSignOn.invoke(SingleSignOn.java:420)

at com.mcafee.orion.core.server.OrionSingleSignOn.invoke(OrionSingleSignOn.java:138)

at com.mcafee.orion.core.server.ClientCertValve.invoke(ClientCertValve.java:69)

at com.mcafee.orion.core.server.ParameterEncodingValve.invoke(ParameterEncodingValve.java:37)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:108)

at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:174)

at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:879)

at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:665) at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:528)

at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:81)

at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:689)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

What I can’t do to fix this without a full rollback of the migration?

Thanks and regards,

Catherine

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: An unexpected error occurred after a migration to EPO 4.6

Jump to solution

I get my issue solved now with this solution hope it will help others:

To fix the problem, all we need to do is to update thedetails for the affected registered servers - which we can do from the consolewithout changing anything   Pleasecarry out the following steps for each of the following registered servers inthe ePO console:

1) Select the registered server

2) Choose Actions - Edit

3) Click Next to go to the Details page

4) Click Save

Please note - it is very important that you click Next togo to the Details page: if you click Save on the Description page, the detailsare not updated correctly. Once this has been done, you should be able to editthe synchronisation points again.

12 Replies
rackroyd
Level 16
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 13

Jump to solution

If you've not already done so I would suggest you open a support call to have that looked into.

Rgds,

Rob.

Jump to solution

I've done it, and spend 3 hours on shared connection with a technician.

Result:

I have lost 3 hours work to see a technician sync. my ADs 20 times (wich is working perfectly fine) my issue is not related to the AD sync. but with the Folder sync. configuration (i can't edit it even on a new folder).

As usual...

rackroyd
Level 16
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 13

Jump to solution

Please persevere with support, I'm sure this will get escalated if no solution is immediately found.

Rgds,

Rob.

Jump to solution

I'm having the same problem

Jump to solution

Go to the System Tree

Select the group you are interested in

Click on the Group Details tab

Click on the Edit link next to Synchronization Type

That should take you to the correct location.

Resolved!!

Jump to solution

This does't resolve anything is by doing this patern that i'm getting the error. Useless comment and the Lv. 3 of McAfee support are still working on the issue...........

Jump to solution

Hello,

I'm having exactly the same problem. Please report any new results.

Thanks in advance

Jump to solution

I get my issue solved now with this solution hope it will help others:

To fix the problem, all we need to do is to update thedetails for the affected registered servers - which we can do from the consolewithout changing anything   Pleasecarry out the following steps for each of the following registered servers inthe ePO console:

1) Select the registered server

2) Choose Actions - Edit

3) Click Next to go to the Details page

4) Click Save

Please note - it is very important that you click Next togo to the Details page: if you click Save on the Description page, the detailsare not updated correctly. Once this has been done, you should be able to editthe synchronisation points again.

Jump to solution

Thank you very much for this post. The discribed way solbed my issue too