cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: An error occurred while retrieving the requested data, while viewing system information.

Jump to solution

I have already solved this problem by changing the default user language in mySQL issue resolved

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 12 of 19

Re: An error occurred while retrieving the requested data, while viewing system information.

Jump to solution

Ok, that will work too 🙂

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Jump to solution

Could this cause issues with the data already present in the database of it is an official workaround?

Ranz
Level 7
Message 14 of 19

Jump to solution

Yes this works!

KB87723 explains how to change the login language of the account that ePO uses for database connections to English.

1. Open SQL Management Express.
  2. In the Object Explorer, select Security.
  3. Select and expand Logins.
  4. Right-click the account used for the ePO connection to SQL and select Properties.
  5. In the General section, set the Default Language to English.
  6. On the ePO server, restart the ePO services:
    Press Windows+R, type services.msc, and click OK.
    Right-click the following services and select Restart:

McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator x.x.x Application Server
    McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator x.x.x Server
    McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator x.x.x Event Parser
Technf
Level 9
Message 15 of 19

Jump to solution

Does this mean we have to change this db user default language to english , even if the rest of the system is in german? Or is there another way to resolve this issue?

Jump to solution
Yes, you must change default language to english
Technf
Level 9
Message 17 of 19

Jump to solution

After changing the default language to english and restarting the services I still get the "error occurred while retrieving the requested data, while viewing system information"

Ranz
Level 7
Message 18 of 19

Jump to solution
1. Uninstall Update 3
2. Change the login language of the account that ePO uses for database connections to English
3. Install Update 3
Technf
Level 9
Message 19 of 19

Jump to solution

While the previously posted workarounds "might" work I would advise to contact mcafee support, as this is a known issue, they provided a hotfix which fixed this issue for me (and you won't have to change anything on the database user)

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community