cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amend report template to remove user id from pdf report

Jump to solution

Is there anyway to amend the pdf report so that it doesn't show the logged in user at the bottom of the report? (using ePO 4.6.6)

It shows the logged in user id between the page number and time in the footer of the report.

I like the format of the pdf but don't want to have my user id on the reports and am fed up of having to log in as admin to run them. It should be removed by default.

Thanks

Jane

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rgc
Level 11
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 5

Re: Amend report template to remove user id from pdf report

Jump to solution

Hi jmcleish,

I got the solution

This can be done, by removing the username option from the Prinitng and exporting.

EPO console  Menu/Configuration/server settings / Printing and Exporting == Edit and fromt he username  change it to None.

To get the reporting without logged on user.

>> I re-rpoduced from epo 4.6.3 and 5.0.1 and collected the output and attached.

>> Go through the screenshots for the steps,

If the issue resolved, please reply with correct answer, this helps others to follow this post for resolution.

Regards,

RGC

Message was edited by: rgc on 10/29/13 7:06:28 AM CDT
4 Replies
rgc
Level 11
Message 2 of 5

Jump to solution

Hi jmcleish,

I re-produced the issue, by generating the report with PDF output from epo 5.x, and found the logged on user is showing under the footer for allt he pages.

>> I don't think there is a option to ignore this option.

But, need some time to check internally.

Note: Is there any specific reason, you need to remove the logged on user from the footer.

The report with logged on user, is the correct option, which tells who has been generated the report, this is as per the design.

Will see, if this is possible OR I suggest you to create a case with McAfee support.

SO, we can check with next level engineer to cofnirm, this could be PER or have any options to do so.

PER: Product Enhancement Request and for more information check the KB60021.

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB60021

Regards,

RGC

Message was edited by: rgc on 10/29/13 2:33:12 AM CDT

Jump to solution

Thanks, but if i need to publish the report to the web, i don't want my user id on it- basically its a security issue. Surely it must be a template somwhere....

rgc
Level 11
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

Hi jmcleish,

I got the solution

This can be done, by removing the username option from the Prinitng and exporting.

EPO console  Menu/Configuration/server settings / Printing and Exporting == Edit and fromt he username  change it to None.

To get the reporting without logged on user.

>> I re-rpoduced from epo 4.6.3 and 5.0.1 and collected the output and attached.

>> Go through the screenshots for the steps,

If the issue resolved, please reply with correct answer, this helps others to follow this post for resolution.

Regards,

RGC

Message was edited by: rgc on 10/29/13 7:06:28 AM CDT

Jump to solution

Genius!  Well done. :-)

Thanks. maybe i should go looking through the settings a bit more- who knows what i might find!

Thanks again.

:-)

Jane