cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allow VSE 8.8 Clients to Update off site

Hello,

I would like to know if it is possible for me to have my clients update from the web when they are off site and update from the master repository when they are onsite. If so can yuou please point me in the right direction.

Thanks.

7 Replies
exbrit
Level 21
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 8

Re: Allow VSE 8.8 Clients to Update off site

Moved to ePO for better handling - Moderator

Just clarifying, are you asking if there is a McAfee website the agents can update VSE from when they are not on internal network?

That is correct.

fitchsoccer342 I have a lot of users with Laptops who travel a lot. I need for them to be able to update their virus definations regularly when they are travelling.

I don't believe McAfee has a website that machines can go to when not on internal network.

VSE updates are based on a product update task, in which the agent will try and pull VSE updates based on repositories you have listed in the McAfee Agent > Repository policy. Have you looked at the "Proxy" tab of the agent policy and tried setting up a proxy in which the agents can get through when not internal? That might help you out.

Hello mbelisle,

VSE update usually give first priority to ePO server then to the McAfee ftp server.
This also depends on the policies which you set in the repository policies of McAfee Agent.

Thanks,
Avinash

Hello mbelisle,

This will be possible, where mcafee http repository must be enbled for clients from mcafee agent repository policies in ePO.

check for the policies of repository, if you enabled mcafee http it will take updates from mcafee site on public network where master repository not avilable.

Thanks

Pradeep