Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
osbo
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 9

Agents to server communication through the proxy

Hello, I have a webhosting company with llots of dmz's. Communication from dmz to internal lan is allowed only through the proxy. Do you know will Agent to server communication will work through the proxy? Also, same thing for Agent Handler , will connecton to ePo and database will work through the proxy.

8 Replies

Re: Agents to server communication through the proxy

I'm not sure about the Agent to Server communication, but you can't put a proxy server between and Agent Handler and the SQL database.

Yes, you can  put a proxy/firewall with the right rules and SQL auth to the database (no Windows auth).

For more info:

https://kc.mcafee.com/resources/sites/MCAFEE/content/live/PRODUCT_DOCUMENTATION/22000/PD22508/en_US/...

That document only mentions a firewall, which is not the same as a proxy server. The topic starter only mentioned a proxy:

Communication from dmz to internal lan is allowed only through the proxy.

If this is actually not a proxy, but a firewall then there should be no problem to put an Agent Handler in the DMZ (as long as the correct ports are opened on the firewall).

I just checked the Agent Policies in ePO and you can configure a proxy server for Agent to Server communication.

osbo
Level 7
Message 6 of 9

Thank you mischaboender.

jmhernando I not sure, was my question not clear, but for some reason I cannot find anything that confirms your statements in documents you have provides. Could you please provide a quatation from the documents?

Message was edited by: osbo on 9/13/12 9:26:43 AM CDT
osbo
Level 7
Message 7 of 9

Thank you, but it is realy proxy, not firewall.

By saying "

I just checked the Agent Policies in ePO and you can configure a proxy server for Agent to Server communication." you meant that you can define for agent to communicated through the proxy? Not define proxy setting in machine?

I have to take a few words back. The proxy settings that you can configure are for the Agent to Repository communication (downloading DAT files, software updates, etc), not for the Agent to Server communication (reporting agent properties, uploading events).

osbo
Level 7
Message 9 of 9

Thanks