cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Agents not following correct repository list

Jump to solution

We have 120000+ hosts,130 SADRs and multiple agent handlers. We have about 130 different facilities, all with their own Repository list policy assigned to them. The Repository priority is set up like below.

1.Local SADR @ Facility 

2. Regional SADR

3. Regional SADR

4. EPO Server

Obviously, the expected result of that setup is that the agents will report to their local SADR before going to the regional SADR.

Yet, the majority of the traffic is going to only one regional SADR.

I'm hearing that agents will reach out to whatever SADR or Server they can access first and then continue to update from that same repository until they can't. 

But I'm under the impression that the agents update their repository list with Agent Server Communication.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 4

Re: Agents not following correct repository list

Jump to solution

Another question - are you using replication or lazy caching on the sadrs?  If replication, does the replication occur and complete before clients try to update?  Is replication failing?  If using lazy caching, are the repos failing to get the updated content?  You would see errors in the macmnsvc log if that is the case.  If you are using lazy caching AND replication, that can cause file locks and other errors.  Use only one or the other method.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

3 Replies
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

The agents only update the repository list order when something changes in the sitelist or if it can't get to one of them.  I would first troubleshoot why the systems aren't going to the other repositories.  The mcscript log will show any reasons for failure to use one repo over another if it failed to connect to the first one.  Also, what version of the agent?  Are you using ping time, subnet distance or ordered list?

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Jump to solution

Version 5.9.1 and ordered list.

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution

Another question - are you using replication or lazy caching on the sadrs?  If replication, does the replication occur and complete before clients try to update?  Is replication failing?  If using lazy caching, are the repos failing to get the updated content?  You would see errors in the macmnsvc log if that is the case.  If you are using lazy caching AND replication, that can cause file locks and other errors.  Use only one or the other method.

Was my reply helpful?

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community