I've described my situation more fully in another thread (Mixed Servers), but here are the basics:
I did create a virtual machine and installed the 4.0 version of ePO on it (which went pretty smoothly). I'm still in the process of recreating some of the directory "tree" that we have on the 3.6.1 server. I've deleted 10 of the clients from the old server (directing the server to uninstall the agent for those clients as part of the deletion), then added those clients to the new server. I directed the new server to install the agent onto those machines, then did a Wakeup Call to the agents.
I did the addition of the clients to the new server all at the same time, but so far (about 30 hours later) only about half of them are showing any data on the System Information page; the rest just say "No McAfee Agent properties available at this time"...what might be preventing the rest of these clients from showing their data?
One of this problem clients is one of my own desktop machines, so I am using it as my primary testcase:
I created/downloaded the Framepkg.exe program from the new server, ran it on the problem machine. It seemed to run fine (I watched the window showing the status as it ran); I can see the Framework Service has been started; I restarted the service just to make sure.
I sent it a Wake Up call from the server, but 12 hours later, it's still showing "No McAfee Agent properties available at this time". It's not doing it's AutoUpdate, even though the AutoUpdate Repository List shows the new server as the first "enabled Read-Only".
I have full Admin rights on this machine; it's not running any firewalls.
I need to get a process in place for successfully moving all 2500 clients from the old server to the new server in the next week; a 50% success rate is not acceptable.
Just posted above your entry. Cnn't help you with an answer but..
See the same thing and for me found the computer reports back to the old 3.6 server that is still online. I could delete the agent, send agent install from 4.0 server and have the box show up on the 3.6 server.
Can you hit the logs http:\\name:8081 ? If so then an agent exists even if it is not reporting back to the 4.0 server. I even took down the 3.6 server but the agent still tries to contact it rather then the new 4.0 server
Just got off the phone/webex with McAfee about my problem.
After quite some time checking all the obvious things, it turned out to be a corrupted Framepkg file created on the new server; it had some weird IP address that some clients were trying to contact. Not the IP address of the old server, but something else entirely.
Not sure why some clients were OK with the Framepkg and others were not, but after shutting down all the McAfee services, deleting the Frampkg files, and restarting the services (ePO recreates the Framepkg files), then trying the whole "sent the agent, wake up the agent" for my problem clients, that seems to have fixed the problem. They can now communicate with the server fine.
I'm going to try moving another "test group" of 20 or so clients tomorrow, from the old server to the new one...we'll see how this goes.