cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smartkiran
Level 7

Agents not communicating after installing Rogue Sensor

Hi,

I have pushed Rogue Sensor to some agents. When I check the agent logs, I see ePO Communication error in those. I re-checked after 15-20 mins but still the same error.

When I checked the installation folder I dont see any RSD folder.

So I had to re-deploy the agents to make it communicate.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Kiran

0 Kudos
3 Replies
smartkiran
Level 7

Re: Agents not communicating after installing Rogue Sensor

ePO 4.6.4 (Build:202)

0 Kudos
hem
Level 15

I apologize but not clear about the query.

You pushed the agent on rogue machines but they are not communicating. If they are not communicating then first thing I will check network connectivity and are agent ports opened?

Regarding RSD sensor, it will be installed under \Program files\McAfee\RSD sensor. If you don't see the folder and will suggest you to look into services windows, look into property and see from which directory sensor service is running.

0 Kudos
andrep1
Level 14

Is this the 4.7 sensor ? McAfee has changed the way the sensor communicates with ePO, it now uses the agent instead of going directly to ePO. We've experience a similar issue as well as very high cpu usage. Does the old sensor give you the same problem ?

This might be related... on some of our servers, we had to reboot the server, then do a frminst /forceuninstall and then reinstall the agent.. A concurrent symptom was that task manager would only show in the task bar and not on screen.

0 Kudos