Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
al_pha
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 9

AgentGUID conflicts

So, various desktop and server people have apparently made a bunch of systems off an image.

Im not left with various systems with the same AgentGUID. Because of this I'm not able to manage them in the EPO (due to the conflict)

Does anyone have way to find out which systems are conflicting??

Im hoping to find some kind of export along the lines of:

AgentGUID1234 : SystemA, SystemB, and SystemC

AgentGUID5678 : Systems D and E

Ive been told the only way to fix this is to manually remove the registry entry and reinstall the agent. So I need to know all of the systems which have conflicting AgentGUIDs to have this done.

EPO 4.0!
8 Replies

RE: AgentGUID conflicts

Look up this Document ID: KB46993 in McAfee's knowledgebase. It outlines using ePO and HIPS in a disk image.

You don't need to reinstall the agent. Just deleted the GUID as described in that article and the agents will generate a new GUID the next time they call into the ePO server. We had to do this very thing at one of our facilities.
al_pha
Level 7
Message 3 of 9

Im not worried about the disc image, thats been address.

but I need to know a way to find which systems have a conflicting agentGUID.

I'd prefer not to have to manually check 200 or so systems

I don't know of any way to get a list of machines sharing a GUID from the console or directly from the database. This is because the database only knows about whatever machine was last to call in with the GUID, they just keep renaming the same object.

I don't know what tools you have at your disposal.....I assume you know what the GUID is you're looking for? In our situation we used Zenworks to delete the registry value on whatever computer it identified as having the GUID in question. Then they generated a new GUID when they connected to the ePO server.

It might be easier to use a script to delete all the GUID's from your computers. Those that previously had a unique GUID should get matched to their previous object by MAC address. (Unless I'm mistaken ePO checks for a GUID match first and then MAC address)
Shads
Level 7
Message 5 of 9

How to find out which agent GUIDS are duplicate within an environment

https://knowledge.mcafee.com/article/620/8528832_f.SAL_Public.html
al_pha
Level 7
Message 6 of 9

I'm using EPO 4.0

i got the same problem and the sql scripts for the above KB article are for ePO 3.6 and below. They will not work on ePO 4.0.

al_pha
Level 7
Message 9 of 9

I have 2 domains that sync with AD, and there's about 200 or so machines that wont update after a successful agent push. I'm quite positive they had McAfee installed from an image.

I guess my best bet is to remove the agentguid reg entry from all of them.

Thanks.