Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 11

Agent version mismatch

Hi,

I just upgraded Agent to 5.6.3.175 by creating a update client task, but after that in Systrem Tree almost every system have in column "Agent version" previous agent version 5.6.2.209:

system tree agent.jpg

but when I check one of this System and go to Agent-->Single System Troubleshooting then agent version is right 5.6.3.157

single system troubleshooting.jpg

When I go to any System, then "Products" tab I have last agent communication from couple months ago:

agent version.jpg

but when I go to this particular endpoint client I see in system tray that Agent is running, when I force "Check new policy" then communication occur without any problem.

Do I have any refresh data problems between agent and server?

10 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 11

Re: Agent version mismatch

Are you using ePO 5.10 CU5? There is no known issue.

We have HF available. Please open case with support.

Was my reply helpful?

If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos! Also, please don't forget to select "Accept as a Solution" if this reply resolves your query!
Highlighted
Level 10
Message 3 of 11

If McAfee knows that this is an issue why isn't the hotfixed being distributed with the product? Should I simply wait until this issue is fixed instead of knowingly deploying this to my systems? Was this issue put into the SNS messages?

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 11

We have an article published and the reported issue has been fixed in upcoming cumulative update 6.

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB92203&locale=en_US&_ga=2.124622925.653025352...

Was my reply helpful?

If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos! Also, please don't forget to select "Accept as a Solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 11

You have to put in a support call and ask for ePO5100_EPO6865_Hotfix 

I had the same problem and it fixed it (for most machines, I'm still seeing it on a few machines)

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 11

Yes.

Was my reply helpful?

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 11

Hi @zuku,

Thank you for your post. Just to be sure, Can you confirm that you have upgraded the Agent extensions as well in ePO to the latest available?

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T
Highlighted
Level 8
Message 8 of 11

Yes, I updated EPO 5.10 to Update 5

How could I ask for ePO5100_EPO6865_Hotfix ? In my county I don't have support with my navive language?

My extensions for Agent looks like:

agent extension.jpg

agent extension2.jpg

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 9 of 11

Hi @zuku,

Thank you for your response! Please find the link below to create a Service Request:

https://support.mcafee.com

You would require valid login credentials for the Support portal to create a Service Request.

Alternatively, you can call us with your Grant# (license information) at the contact numbers in this page and log a Service Request with us if this a high Severity issue!

https://www.mcafee.com/enterprise/en-in/home/contact-us.html

I sincerely hope this helps!

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 10 of 11

Hi zuku,

If you have already raised SR, please ping me in private message and i will send you the hotfix.

Was my reply helpful?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community