cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agent updates affect VirusScan schedules

I set each of our PC/Server's VirusScan updates and scans individually based on the operator's needs and scheduling. Every time I run an Agent update I lose all my individual PC/Server VS scheduling. It's still there but they don't run automatically any more. My work around is to go to each machine and disable/enable the task setting in VS scheduling properties, and then they start working again. This gets time consuming.

I don't have anything set up in ePO to push out to the PC/Servers so I don't know what's causing this "break" in scheduling.

3 Replies
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: Agent updates affect VirusScan schedules

You don't have any scheduled tasks in epo for those? In the VSE general options policy, do you have it set to disable the default autoupdate task? What agent version? Can you be more specific in how you have this set up?

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

I don't see any  tasks set up for those. I do not have "disable the default autoupdate" task checked off.. I have the latest Agent version 5.6.2.209 but this happens with every Agent update I have done. I noticed the problem at least a year or 2 ago and have just dealt with it. I use the McAfee defaults for all settings except the "Access Protection Rules". I have personalized some of these.

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 4

I would suggest then to open a ticket with the agent team. We will need some trace logging for this to see what is happening with the scheduler. Follow this kb to enable trace logging for the agent: https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB82170 You don't need mcscript debug logging enabled. Once you run that command to enable trace logging, you may need to restart the agent services to have that take affect. If you can't restart them, you can either disable the agent self protection and any AP rules for prevent mcafee services from being restarted, or you can reboot. I would also increase the log size to 40 and rollover count to 5 - that is in the agent policy. That will stay in trace logging until next service restart. Once you duplicate the issue, then get a mer from the client - mer.mcafee.com. Always run it as administrator and don't choose all products, select the installed products separately, such as the agent and vse.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community