cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agent trying to install that's not available in Software Manager

Jump to solution

I have several users reporting a popup that won't go away, involving the McAfee agent trying to install and erroring out.  Attatched is the error in the event log.  We're currently running McAfee agent v 4.8.0.887 and Policy Auditor agent v6.0.1.207.  The error being produced, that software isn't even checked in/available in ePO. 

Has anyone else seen this?  It looks like someone tried to update the agent themselves and got caught in some kind of permissions loop.The box currently has installed the 2 versions I mentioned above.

1002 error.png

Mods, if this is in the wrong place let me know... my apologies.

Message was edited by: girardne on 4/16/14 8:00:52 AM CDT
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Agent trying to install that's not available in Software Manager

Jump to solution

Correction: (i cant edit my original answer.. dont know why)

If you give Admin to user, you will not be asked again, but when you remove it, the problema will come back.

Solution (just tested and worked for me):
Give permission to user on next folder (Windows XP, I think this problem is auto solved on windows 7):

"c:\Documents and Settings\All users\Application Data\McAfee\Common Framework"  -> (and sub folder)

"c:\Documents and Settings\All users\Datos de programa\McAfee\Common Framework"  -> (and sub folder, Spanish version)

Helped for me, hope same for you. Gl.

3 Replies

Jump to solution

Hi there, i have the same problem and found this solution (link below). The think is that the users dont have permission to write on "common file" folder to complete the installation, so if you log on using admin right, you never will present the problem.

So, i suggest to grant temporary permission and verify if the issue is solved after first login.

Info (have the same problema with 4.8.1500):

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB66758

sry for my English. Gl

exbrit
Level 21
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 4

Jump to solution

I moved this to ePO from Security Awareness where it may get more attention although it is an old post.

sorry we missed it back when you first posted.

Peter

Volunteer Moderator

Jump to solution

Correction: (i cant edit my original answer.. dont know why)

If you give Admin to user, you will not be asked again, but when you remove it, the problema will come back.

Solution (just tested and worked for me):
Give permission to user on next folder (Windows XP, I think this problem is auto solved on windows 7):

"c:\Documents and Settings\All users\Application Data\McAfee\Common Framework"  -> (and sub folder)

"c:\Documents and Settings\All users\Datos de programa\McAfee\Common Framework"  -> (and sub folder, Spanish version)

Helped for me, hope same for you. Gl.