Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davidt
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 5

Agent not communicated in 90 days

Jump to solution

is there a wy to set up the EPO to forget an agent if it hasnt communicated in the last 90 days?

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 5

Re: Agent not communicated in 90 days

Jump to solution

There is a default inactive agent maintenance task in epo that, if enabled, will remove your inactive agents.  To set it for 90 days instead of the default 45 days, go to server settings, detected systems compliance and change the 45 days to 90.  When you run that task, be sure to not select the option to remove the agent in case they become active again so they can check themselves in.  For example, a system may be turned off for a time then when it comes back online, it can check itself back into epo.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

davidt
Level 7
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

thanks hem & cdinet for the replys...

@cdinet  this is exacly what I was looking to accomplish. I will look at the EPO and see if I can impliment the changes here, thanks again.

4 Replies
McAfee Employee hem
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 5

Jump to solution

ePO will not forget any agent if not communicated for X days.

The best you can create server task->new task->run query->select query 'Inactive agent'->sub Action-> delete system. You can check the box 'Remove McAfee Agent on next agent-server communication' and schedule the task.

This task will delete the Inactive machines (by default, build query 'Inactive agent' will look for machines not communicated for 30 days. Please create duplicate of this query, change time to 90 days and use that query in server) and will remove MA from the client machine once it communicates to ePO server.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 5

Jump to solution

There is a default inactive agent maintenance task in epo that, if enabled, will remove your inactive agents.  To set it for 90 days instead of the default 45 days, go to server settings, detected systems compliance and change the 45 days to 90.  When you run that task, be sure to not select the option to remove the agent in case they become active again so they can check themselves in.  For example, a system may be turned off for a time then when it comes back online, it can check itself back into epo.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

davidt
Level 7
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

thanks hem & cdinet for the replys...

@cdinet  this is exacly what I was looking to accomplish. I will look at the EPO and see if I can impliment the changes here, thanks again.

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 5

Jump to solution

Glad to help!

Was my reply helpful?

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator