Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NaOH
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

Agent installs failing - Compiled/Precompiled.xml corrupt

Hey all.

I have a handful of machines here that I am having trouble getting a working Agent installed on. These registers never show up in the EPO console, and do not appear to have an Agent GUID in the registry. When trying to uninstall, I get an error to the effect that one or both of the file 'compiled.xml' and 'precompiled.xml' are corrupt, and the uninstall fails. It is not possible to delete/remove the files either, again because they are corrupt. I can copy FramePkg and install it on top of the previous instance, but the corrupted Precompiled.xml remains and the agent will never successfully check in to EPO, getting a 'REQUEST PUBLIC KEY' message in the agent log and not much else.

Anyone seen this before? Ideas on how to deal with it? Any help would be appreciated.

Agent version is 3.6.0.574, EPO 3.6.1.220.
Tags (1)
3 Replies

RE: Agent installs failing - Compiled/Precompiled.xml corrupt

Hi,

Did use /remove=agent or /forceuninstall to remove the previous agents?
Also Agent with patch 4 (3.6.603) is available. You can try it too.
NaOH
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 4

I normally use /forceuninstall.

I have been trying to use the patch 4 FramePkg_UPD to install over it, but they're having none of that - there does not seem to be any way to act on these corrupt files at all.
My next instinct is to try booting into safe mode and seeing if that makes any difference... but then again, it's 3:30 on a Friday afternoon - I think it'll hold... Smiley Tongue

Thanks for the suggestions so far.

Hi,

Let's rename \Program Files\McAfee\Common Framework folder and then try to install FramePkg.exe again.