cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agent handler priority, translation please.

Jump to solution

Note: Moving one assignment to a priority lower than another assignment creates a hierarchy where the lower assignment is actually part of the higher assignment.

Ummm, what?!?! 

Just a little confused the handler assignment rules have a priority and within the rules an assigned handler priority.

I want to configure all my servers in the US to report to my agent handler first and the main epo server second. All my servers in the UK will report to the main epo server only.

My scenario.

EPOserver = 10.104.99.99
Agent Handler = 10.100.99.99

1 ▼Uk Edit | Delete
Agent Location:  leftblank
Agent Subnets: 10.104.0.0-10.107.255.255

Handler Priority: eposerver

2  ▼US Edit | Delete
Agent Location: leftblank
Agent Subnets: 10.100.0.0-10.103.255.255

Handler Priority: agenthandler
eposerver

3 ►Default Assignment Rule

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: Agent handler priority, translation please.

Jump to solution

Agent handler priority rules are processed top to bottom. The first rule a match is found on wins so if a match is hit on rule number 2 rules 3 and 4 will be ignored.

The rules you have listed should accomplish your objective.

2 Replies
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Jump to solution

Agent handler priority rules are processed top to bottom. The first rule a match is found on wins so if a match is hit on rule number 2 rules 3 and 4 will be ignored.

The rules you have listed should accomplish your objective.

Jump to solution

The oddest thing happened and sorted it self out. Initially the servers checked into the correct agent handler and over a couple hours managed to all transfer over to the main epo server. Over the course of two days all servers then transferred back to the correct agent handler and have stayed that way for a the last two days.