cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Agent handler and SuperAgent

Jump to solution

Agent handler and SuperAgent

Is it okay to use both features on a server?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: Agent handler and SuperAgent

Jump to solution

No, it is not ok.  The agent handler is already a repository.  Please don't make it also a distributed repository.  The clients see it as the master.  If the master epo server is enabled in the agent policy, then if a client is talking to that agent handler, it will also see that as the epo master - kind of a virtual extension of the master epo server.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

3 Replies
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

No, it is not ok.  The agent handler is already a repository.  Please don't make it also a distributed repository.  The clients see it as the master.  If the master epo server is enabled in the agent policy, then if a client is talking to that agent handler, it will also see that as the epo master - kind of a virtual extension of the master epo server.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Jump to solution

If you're running a superagent, and you've sent a wakeup call to the superagent. 
Does the superagent wake up the other configured agents on the subnet? Yes. 
After that,  is the communication turned over to the individual agents to connect to the epo server? 
Or, are all agent communcations channeled thru the superagent back to the epo server? 
Thanks. 

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution

A superagent is only a distributed repository or a wakeup mechanism to the clients in its subnet.  It does not handle agent communication in any way from the clients.  If you need that type of functionality, you would need to set up a relay server.  Yes, you can have a superagent server also be a relay server.  The product guide will explain relay server functionality.

Was my reply helpful?

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator