Did you mean: 
Fadz
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 5

Agent for Win 7 & Win 10

Jump to solution

Hi ,

Would like to ask if i upgrade my ePO from 5.3 to 5.9 , does 5.9 agent support for windows 7? or just windows 8 and above ? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Reliable Contributor Ufoto
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Re: Agent for Win 7 & Win 10

Jump to solution

The version of the ePO is not directly tied to the endpoint Agent version. However all supported versions of McAfee Agent provide support for Windows 7. You can review the supported OS versions in the following article: https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB51573

Was my reply helpful? If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?
4 Replies
Reliable Contributor Ufoto
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Jump to solution

The version of the ePO is not directly tied to the endpoint Agent version. However all supported versions of McAfee Agent provide support for Windows 7. You can review the supported OS versions in the following article: https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB51573

Was my reply helpful? If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?
Fadz
Level 8
Message 3 of 5

Jump to solution
As i thought that the ePO version is tied to Agent version..
Now i understand thank you ..
Still new with ePO ...
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

The main thing you have to consider is the extension version of the different point products and agent.  As long as you are using a version of the extension that is supported in epo and is equal to or higher than the versions of clients installed, then you are fine.  The extensions are backward compatible (most are now), so they can manage a lower version client.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Jump to solution

Hi,

This KB should answer your questions.  

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB51573

Have a great day!

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community