cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
theglot
Level 7

Agent fails to communicate with ePO

Ok, going to kick myself on this one, but I have one host where the agent refuses to talk to the epo "error fail to com with ePO" and I'm logged onto the ePO on that host, able ping, ect.

Installing a new agent still doesn't fix the problem.

Runing HIPS 8p4 IPS on, FW off

SolidCore with both change control and app control in monitor mode.

VSE 8.8p4

0 Kudos
6 Replies
ansarias
Level 13

Re: Agent fails to communicate with ePO

Hello,

Could you please check Agent log on affected machines and see what error it is showing. Most of the time due to port issue Machine was unable to connect to ePO console.

theglot
Level 7

& the Agent log location is where (I should know this by heart since it is an question you might see on an exam)

0 Kudos
ansarias
Level 13

Hello,

It will C:\Program Data\McAfee\Common Framework\DB\Agent_MachineName.log

ritre
Level 7

By default, the agent will try to connect to the ePO server using port 443. You might want to try telneting port 443 from the client to the ePO server to make sure nothing is blocked too.

theglot
Level 7

when reviewing HIPS FW on the ePO, saw that 443 was being blocked, but didn't contrain souce IP.  I'm going to assume that this is what is causing my problems and create an more open exception for 443.  Thank-you Ritre.

0 Kudos
ansarias
Level 13

Hello,

Also check if port 443 is allowed in incoming firewall rule locally on ePO server or not, If not than create it manually and see if it fixes the issue or not.

0 Kudos