Did you mean: 
Reliable Contributor ansarias
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 21 of 22

Re: Agent failed to communicate with ePO Server

Hello,

Please check below 2 things to find root cause:

1. Check local fiewall rule (Inbound) is present or not on server, if not createfor port 443 and 80/81 which ever you have configured for your environment.

2. As per log issue with Network :

2013-07-11 12:37:56.628 I #520 Agent Agent communication failed, result=-2400

2013-07-11 12:37:56.628 I #520 Agent Exponential retry in 1317 seconds, error=-2400(Unable to connect to ePO Server)

This occur only when if machine is running with agent version 4.6 as there is bug in this product, so try to upgrade to McAfee Agent 4.8 and see if it is working or not.

Re: Agent failed to communicate with ePO Server due to Firewall issue

When ePO installs, it adds named Inbound Rules into the ePO servers firewall that should open the required ports for you. I had an issue where the Agents could not connect to the ePO server. It was found that the issue was that the six 'McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator ...' inbound rules were assigned to the Public profile and not the Domain profile. I believe that this issue is a server 2008 & R2 issue where the profile can flip-flop between Public and Domain. To fix the issue add Domain to these six inboand rules. Hope this helps someone.

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community