cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agent failed to communicate with ePO Server

Hello,

I am currently running a split level ePO configuration, where my ePO orchestrator is installed on one server, and my SQL on another. I am currently running ePO 4.5.6(Build 137). Many of the agents are failing to communicate with the ePO server. They will receive policies, DATs, etc, but they are unable to send events to the server. I recently upgraded the server from 2003 to 2008, but I used the same IP, FQDN, etc. I've checked the ports, and everything seems to be in place.

In the Server.log I see the following:

Invalid request received from computer <SERVER> with GUID {GUID}      ----I have ensure there is no duplicate GUID

Failed to process agent request, trigger agent exponential retry

I have attached the Agent log under Program Data as well.

Any assistance in this matter is greatly appreciated.

21 Replies
McAfee Employee JoeBidgood
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 22

Re: Agent failed to communicate with ePO Server

Check the server.log on the ePO server for entries at the same time that a client machine is trying to communicate - are there any errors logged?

HTH -

Joe

The server.log error I've attached is the only error I receive when an agent is unable to connect. I'm not seeing any simultaneous errors logged for other client machines when I try and send events for the one. Although, many are receiving the error.

McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 22

Can you put ePO into Log Level 8 debug logging - see KB56207 for details - and then attach the entire server log once a few machines have failed to communicate?

Thanks -

Joe

I have attached the server log.

alexn
Level 14
Message 6 of 22

ally,

I 'd like to check systems with duplicate GUIDS in your environment,

Add a coloum under system tree with "Sequence Error" and see how many systems are with sequence errr.

2.Delete system with" move GUID to Duplicate List "option.

3.Run Synchronization task again and let your systems appear under system tree, wait until all are managed.

McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 22

Okay, we can definitely see a sequence number problem:

2013-07-12 08:37:56    E    #5476    NAIMSRV     Agent <SERVER> with GUID {72B08F32-820F-471F-B685-DEE903B6D3EC} and IP 205.xx.xx.xx and MAC <MAC NUMBER> has an invalid sequence number; expecting 49131 > 52081

The difference in the numbers is large - larger than would be normally explained. Is the client machine a virtual machine, that could have been restored to an earlier snapshot, or something like that?

Thanks -

Joe

I ran the sequence error query and deleted the systems. I deleted the AGENTGUID then restarted the framework service. It appears to connect and talk with the ePO server until it received policy, but I'm not sure what policy would be causing that. Everything with the exception of workstations are virtual machines.

alexn
Level 14
Message 9 of 22

Ally,

Policy will not cause ASC issue except (userbased policy in Site Advisor and EEPC). let all systems received the policy and look for the issue again.

And if virtual machines are reimaged with snapshots then this situation comes up.epo will generate S error if Agent Guid Sequence does not match with ePO DB(agent Guid sequence).On each communication sequence number must be matched.

Thanks

Alex

on 7/15/13 1:48:37 PM CDT
Highlighted

The machines have not been reimaged

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community